To complete the hiring process, ALL prospective employees must successfully complete two (2) online pre-employment training courses.
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Managing Your Risk of Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens
If being hired to work in Child Care (Afterschool or Summer Day Camp), you must also complete the YMCA Before & Afterschool Program Safety.
If being hired to drive a Upper Palmetto YMCA vehicle, you must also complete the Defensive Driving Course.
To complete online training courses, please follow the instructions below.
As a potential employee or volunteer, you have access to The Redwoods Institute- an online learning platform featuring safety training designed for our programs.
These instructions below will walk you through the steps needed to set up a new account. If you have an existing account you can login with your email address at Redwood Institute.
- Visit: Online Training Login to create an account.
- Complete the self-registration page, including your desired branch and job classification. Answering the questions relating to your position will ensure that the correct training courses populate “My Trainings” in the the Redwood home screen. (For example, if your job requires you to work in Afterschool or Summer Day Camp, answering “yes” to the questions will ensure that the correct training is populated in “My Trainings” on the Redwood home screen.) If you do not answer correctly, you can locate your training courses by entering the course name in the search box.
- Create your password.
- Once logged into Redwoods Institute, you will see your online training under “My Trainings” on the Redwoods Institute home screen. If a training on your Paycom checklist is not in this box, you can locate the training by entering the course name in the search box in Redwoods.
You can also reach The Redwoods Institute’s technical support at 1-(800) 463-8546 or Institute@redwoodsgroup.com. For password or other questions, please contact Renee Price at the Upper Palmetto YMCA Regional Office.
Once you have completed the courses successfully, print out each of your completion certificates for your records.