LIFE AFTER CANCER DIAGNOSIS
The LiveSTRONG at the YMCA program is a 12-week exercise program that allows cancer survivors to reclaim their health. Along with 5-11 other cancer survivors, participants will meet with a certified LiveSTRONG instructor twice per week for 90 minutes. Throughout the program, participants will learn how to properly increase your cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and endurance, balance, and flexibility.
Benefits of participating in the LiveSTRONG at the YMCA program include:
- Connect with local cancer survivors
- Learn and apply the foundations of exercise
- Increase your stamina, energy levels, and sleep
- Increasing/maintaining muscle mass
- Reduce side effects of cancer treatments
- Increase the quality of life!
For more information or to sign up for the program, contact our Community Health Coordinator, Jennie Dawkins, at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 803-324-9622 ext 226.