Children are like sponges—they watch and absorb knowledge, skills and values from everything and everyone around them. At the Y, we believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success. That’s why our Child Care programs are staffed with people who understand the cognitive, physical and social development of kids, the need children have to feel connected and supported in trying new things and the caring and reinforcement parents and families need to help each other. At the Y, babies develop trust and security, preschoolers experience early literacy and learn about their world and school-age kids make friends, learn new skills and do their homework. Most importantly, children learn how to be their best selves. That makes for confident kids today, and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
YMCA Child Care is a place for children to explore, learn, feel safe, cared for and celebrated. We encourage positive relationships between the children, child care staff and parents to ensure a high-quality experience for the children.
At the Y, our goal is to:
- Help children develop to their fullest potential
- Support and strengthen the family unit
- Deliver child care in a safe and positive environment
- Teach, model, celebrate, practice, praise, and reinforce the YMCA core values of: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility
- Foster health and well-being for children and families