Welcome to Preschool at the Complex!
Thank you for choosing Preschool at the Complex! Our goal is to provide a safe, stimulating and fun environment for children to learn through participation. We incorporate the Y’s core values: Honesty, Responsibility, Respect and Caring in our activities. The Upper Palmetto YMCA is committed to providing the highest quality Preschool possible. We are excited about the unique programming opportunities provided by our Preschool program. We strive to develop the whole child through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. This program offers quality, affordable preschool programming for children ages 3-5. Class space is limited.
A non-refundable $125.00 registration fee will be due at the time of registration to ensure a spot in the program. All children who enter the Preschool Program must turn 3 years old by September 1, 2019 for the three year old program and all children who enter the Preschool Program must turn 4 years old by September 1, 2019 for the four year old program. All children must be completely potty trained and have up-to-date immunizations in order to be enrolled into the program.
Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis. Anyone interested in registering their child must come to the Fort Mill Complex to enroll.
- Outdoor adventures on the preschool trail, outdoor classroom and science and nature programs promote curiosity about the world around them.
- Learning to share, take turns, plan, work and play with others promote wonderful life-long skills.
- Educational learning through hands-on activities and interactive play teach children their ABC’s, 123’s, colors, shapes and other themes preparing for kindergarten.
- Stories, poetry, dramatization and books lead children on adventures and stretch their imagination.
- Clay, play-dough, crayons, markers, scissors and other manipulatives aid in the development of small motor skills.
- Arts, crafts and painting time explore the creative side of young minds.
- Water play in our indoor pool, besides being lots of fun, helps to build self-confidence and coordination.
- Our Playball Program, outdoor play, gym time and classroom movement all promote physical fitness, increases large motor skills and develop good sportsmanship.
- Our Science and Nature program, led by ASC Greenway environmental educators, promote an interest in the outdoor world, while giving students the opportunity to learn about nature through hands-on activities and meet live animals in a safe, controlled setting.
- Learning through song and music builds listening and attention skills, in addition to self-expression and cooperation with others.
- Lunch Bunch is offered on select Wednesdays and Thursdays each month. Children bring their lunch and stay until 2:00 pm, enjoying fun activities and playtime.
Classes introduce children to working within a group and develops fine and gross motor skills including socializing, sharing, cut-and-paste, numbers and alphabet recognition. (Children must turn three on or before September 1, 2019.)
Our four-year-old program prepares children for kindergarten on both a social and educational level. We will continue developing fine and gross motor skills, while putting emphasis on the alphabet, numbers and other kindergarten readiness skills. (Children must turn four on or before September 1, 2019.)
Payment Policy for 2019-2020 School Year
1) First and last month tuition is required prior to the start of school.
2) Remaining monthly payments need to be set up on our auto draft system. This can be done through a credit card or bank draft.
For payment information please contact the Preschool Director, Rhonda Wild, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-5471064. Preschool staff are unable to process any payments.
Auto draft will be required for the remainder of the monthly school year tuition which will be drafted on the first business day of each month beginning in September.
The building is secure and access is monitored by staff during all hours of preschool operation. The program offers six classrooms, an outdoor natural playground, a preschool hiking trail and outdoor classroom and access to appropriate amenities within the Recreation Complex.
Preschool at the Complex is part of the Fort Mill Complex at the UPYMCA located at 971 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill, SC 29715.
Inclement Weather Policy
When faced with potentially dangerous weather conditions, the Preschool at the Complex will follow the Fort Mill School District’s decision on closings. Information can be found on their website, www.fortmillschools.org, and on local news stations in Rock Hill and Charlotte – we are York County District 4.
If the FMSD should delay public school openings, Preschool at the Complex will open at its normal time of 9:00am. Public school delays may be found at the sources listed above.
Should inclement weather occur after preschool begins, we encourage parents to pick up their child as soon as possible.
For class availability and more information about the Preschool Program contact:
Rhonda Wild at email@example.com
*For the safety of our students and staff, we require that all immunizations be current. An up-to-date immunization form must be on file at the Preschool at the Complex prior to the child’s start date.
|Fort Mill YMCA at the Complex|
|Registration Dates||Preschool Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will begin in January, 2019|
|Week Days/Times||3 Year Old: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:00am – Noon | Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 9:00am – Noon | Mondays – Fridays 9:00am – Noon | 4 Year Old: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 9:00am – 12:30pm | Mondays – Fridays 9:00am – 12:30pm|
|Member Cost||3 Year Old: 2 Days a Week: $135 month 3 Days a Week: $183 month All Week: $285 : 4 Year Old: 3 Days a Week: $216 month | All Week: $335 month||Non-Member Cost||2 Days a Week: $150 month 3 Days a Week: $198 month All Week: $300 month | 3 Days a Week $231 month | All Week: $350 month|