As a leader in the company, most people know that a healthy, happy, and productive workforce is key to their success. Through a Corporate Membership with the Upper Palmetto YMCA, employees can get fit, stay fit, and save money… all while helping their company improve its fiscal health.
Health and lifestyle profile: the typical company
- 80% under-exercise
- 60% sit all day to do work
- 30% are overweight
- 30-45% experience job burnout due to high stress
- 30% have cardiovascular disease
- 30% smoke
- 30% are prone to lower back pain
- 15-25% have hypertension/high blood pressure
Why Should My Company Participate
- For every dollar spent on programs, employee wellness statistics show a savings of anywhere from $2.30 to $10.10.
- With only 60% participation, Coca-Cola Co. found that they saved $500 per year per employee with their program.
According to a 2004 Ipsos-Reid employee wellness statistics study, two of the main preventable causes of employee absences were mental health (anxiety/depression), and stress, both of which can be drastically reduced by regular exercise.
- Prudential Insurance’s employee wellness statistics show that their benefit cost per employee enrolled in their wellness program is $312, but the same benefit is $574 per non-enrolled employee.
- Participating in YMCA Corporate Membership can help reduce employees’ risk for these conditions, and help your bottom line.
Contact Krysten Franks at 803-324-9622 x231 or see a staff member at any Upper Palmetto YMCA for more information.